We wanted to share some allergy relief tips with those who want to stay away from conventional, over-the-counter or prescription medicines, or even those who just want to save a few bucks.
1) Saline Nasal Rinse: Even your doctors will agree on this one! Using a Neti Pot or squeeze bottle, tilt your head forward and squeeze the solution in your nostril as it drains out the other side.
2) Cool-Mist Humidifier: The cool-mist humidifier can help get allergens out of the air in your home. Here’s one: http://www.amazon.com/Crane-Ultrasonic-Humidifier-Gallon-output/dp/B001ADL1SG
3) Air Purifier with a HEPA Filter: The best way to get rid of spores and pollen from the air.
4) Steam Inhalation: Inhaling steam of essential oils can help with congestion.
5) Probiotics: Not only can probiotics help your digestion, but they are good at keeping your immune system well balanced!
6) Honey: Eating local honey can help, because the bees eat the pollen that is in your region, so it is like getting a mini allergy shot!
7) Stinging Nettle Leaf: An herb that is found in many allergy products can be taken by itself in tea form as a pick-me-up.
8) Homeopathic Treatments: You can use very diluted amounts of herbs and flower essences, which is good for burning and itchy eyes. Let the oils dissolve under your tongue.
9) Quercetin: This specific substance is found in onion and apple skin, and is a natural antihistamine.
10) Acupuncture: If you start acupuncture treatments a month before peak season, you may not see any allergy symptoms.